100 Mandalas


My friend posted a link to a this image via 100Mandala.org's facebook page.




I like those 30 day challenges and I love mandalas, so I signed up for the newsletter and started doodling.



That was just a few days ago, but I'm already realising that I'd like to know more about mandalas.

I went to Wikipedia and came across this:

Carl Jung's first mandala.

Already a fan of Jung, I was surprised to find that he was responsible for bringing mandalas to the western world.

Carl Jung refers to the mandala as “the psychological expression of the totality of the self.”

I realise this is going to something splendid. I'm not going to get too involved in the deep spiritual and psychological aspects of drawing the sacred circle. I want to stay free and explore on my own terms. I know that I will explore more deeply later, but I have the whole year to get what I need to out of this project.

For example, today, I just played around with PatternPie.






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dark Winter Journey

First Home Essentials - A Checklist

My Music Muddle